Support For Families
Pastoral Manager / Family Support
Miss Thistlethwaite is our Pastoral Manager and Family Support Advisor. Her role is to strengthen the link between home and school for both children and parents. Miss Thistlethwaite aims to support parents in an approachable and non-judgemental way, be this through a more formal Early Help Assessment, or with an informal chat, meeting or telephone support. As a Pastoral Manager she can provide support and advice on a range of issues including:
- Difficulties managing behaviour at home
- Settling in and times of transition
- Applications for Transport / Funding / Blue badge / Housing
- Coping with bereavement and trauma
- Keeping your child safe on the internet
- Accessing support via Early Help when families face a wide range of issues such as eviction, unemployment, domestic abuse, mental health crises
- Signposting to services in the local area to provide further specialised support
In addition to working with individual families, Miss Thistlethwaite can also organise parenting courses on a variety of issues, some in response to issues that arise, some in response to parental requests and others of general interest. Courtlands also facilitates parent events and informal, mutual support parent groups.
Parent support times via telephone are:
Monday 1pm until 3.30pm
Friday 9am until 12pm
Mrs Kearney is our SENCO and can be contacted on 01752 776848.